VML/VACo Finance seeks an experienced accounting professional for a full-time management position within our Accounting Services consulting program. Applicants must have held a financial leadership position, preferably in a local government. Comparable governmental auditing experience is also acceptable. CPAs are encouraged to apply. VML/VACo Finance offers opportunities for professional growth.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organization and to play a leadership role in VML/VACo Finance’s popular Accounting Services program. The applicant should be a highly motivated, self-starting accounting professional with demonstrated management skills. The position entails working in an ongoing management-level staff position as well as filling temporary accounting assignments in the field.
Typical duties may include:
- Meeting with local government officials to assess requirements and develop proposals for Accounting Services
- Supervising and providing support to accounting staff
- Filling interim Finance Director positions that entail management and supervision, planning, interfacing with local officials, and overseeing major financial processes
- Analyzing complex financial transactions to resolve outstanding issues
- Reconciling various accounts to expected balances, preparing transactions to resolve outages
- Assisting clients with year-end accrual entries
- Preparing non-routine transactions in areas such as long term debt
- Researching and recording fixed asset acquisitions and disposals
- Preparing various accounting schedules for review by clients and auditors
- Assisting with complex bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparing financial statements and notes in accordance with GAAP for governmental entities
- Creating financial policies or procedural documentation for routine and non-routine financial transactions
In addition to having leadership experience in a governmental setting (or audit setting with governmental clients), applicants should have: familiarity with governmental GAAP, solid references, and effective communications skills. Experience with multiple municipal finance packages is preferred. Periodic overnight in-state travel is required, usually scheduled in advance. Compensation is commensurate with experience and performance.
Interested persons should submit a confidential resume with references and salary history to email@example.com.