VML/VACo Finance seeks an experienced accountant for temporary or permanent placement with our Accounting Services consulting program. A governmental background is required, preferably in a local setting. Governmental auditing experience is also acceptable. Experience with multiple municipal finance packages is preferred. CPAs or CPA candidates are encouraged to apply. VML/VACo Finance offers opportunities for professional growth.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, self-starting accounting professional who seeks challenge and prefers working in flexible and varied assignments. This assignment will also be appealing to those who have retired from a governmental accounting position and would like to continue working with flexible hours as well as those who may be seeking new opportunities. Typically, our Accounting Consultants are able to schedule as many hours as desired.
Due to our geographically diverse clientele, this is a statewide recruitment in which Accounting Consultants may be based anywhere in Virginia. Some overnight travel is required, usually scheduled in advance. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Typical duties may include:
- Analyzing complex financial transactions to resolve outstanding issues
- Reconciling various accounts to expected balances, preparing transactions to resolve outages
- Assisting clients with year-end accrual entries
- Preparing non-routine transactions in areas such as long term debt
- Researching and recording fixed asset acquisitions and disposals
- Preparing various accounting schedules for review by clients and auditors
- Assisting with complex bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparing financial statements and notes in accordance with GAAP for governmental entities
- Creating financial policies or procedural documentation for routine and non-routine financial transactions
In addition to having experience in a governmental setting (or audit setting with governmental clients), applicants should have: familiarity with governmental GAAP, solid references, and the ability to effectively communicate and interact with clients and auditors.
Interested persons should submit a confidential resume with references and salary history to email@example.com.